Wednesday 12 September 2012

EMAIL TO LEMPRIERE

Shandong Jining Ru Yi Woolen Textile Co., Ltd
Lempriere

Dear Sir's/Madam's,
A very good day to you all.
I am writing to voice my disappointment at the announcement of your decision to buy Cubbie Station.
Since late last year I have been trying to bring some common sense in to the Marlin Darling Bas
in Plan debate.
I live on the Murray River and our family have lived here for 4 generations. My father had an irrigation farm during my childhood years and until mental illness cut my career short I was a stock and station agent and real estate agent, so I have a deep understanding of irrigation.

Cubbie Station sent the last owners in to receivership, I would think that alone places it as a very risky enterprise to invest in.
People like me will always fight to have water taken back off Cubbie Station, that it was let develop in to the size it is and where it is, really confuses me.
You have to remember it is in Australia's outback, it gets really hot out there (50+ degrees) so the loss of water that should be flowing down the river due to evaporation is enormous.
I also wonder what type of land titles belong to the property, if they are perpetual leasehold titles, then remember they are nowhere near as secure as freehold titles.
Also what type of security is their over the water titles remembering that future federal governments can change their minds as has happened across the Murray Darling Basin already.
The rivers up at Cubbie Station are nowhere near as reliable as the Murray River.
It is my and many many other peoples wish that you withdraw from purchasing these properties.

Thank you for your time.

Yours Faithfully,

"KEEPING UP THE FIGHT"

Peter Gilmour
14 Toms Drive
COBRAM VIC 3644
pgbrunswick@gmail.com
0421 844310
Facebook "Save Murray Darling Basin communities"
Internet blog: savemdbasin.blogspot.com.au
Murray Darling Basin "THE FOOD BOWL OF AUSTRALIA"

No comments:

Post a Comment