Tuesday 18 September 2012

DRUGS AND WAGES

The scourge that is illicit drugs really sickens and worries me, every day as I read the regional papers eg Dubbo Liberal there will be the very worrying tale of a huge drug bust or crimes committed by drug affected people, in todays Albury Border Mail is the very disturbing tale of a 15 year old who has committed several serious crimes including stomping on another kid's head while his parents were cheering him on, he will no doubt be another burden on the taxpayer for the rest of his life, I bet any money drugs are well involved in that family.
My depression is a melancholic depression, meaning I am one of the 10% of people suffering from depression whose illness is genetic, the other 90% of depression is caused by stresses and I will say it - ILLICIT DRUGS
You only have to stay in mental illness institutions like I have to see that a large percentage of mental illness is caused by illicit drugs, I remember a 24 year old kid who had blown his brains on ecstacy, he will never lead a meaningful life again.
I tried explaining to someone in the pub the other night why minimum wages are too high, only to be howled down by a very indignant pissed bloke.
So here goes, our kids have a way to huge disposable income, Australia is one of the dearest countries per capita in the world for illicit drugs, meaning drug dealers come here before other countries. When I started work as a trainee in 1978 my nett wage was $77.00 per week, not much but I got by, no money for drugs there I can tell you.
Our country is been inundated by cheap imports, our manufacturing industries are really struggling.
Our real estate especially in capital cities is ridiculously expensive.
Young people are putting themselves in to huge debt just to try and live the Aussie dream, owning their own home and that is also causing breakdowns and mental illness.
I think we need a real correction, but is it going to happen, well maybe economics themselves just might do it, for I fear we have a lack of people with vision in Canberra on both sides of the political fence.
Food for thought
Cheers, Peter Gilmour

No comments:

Post a Comment