Saturday 25 August 2012

LETTER TO MDBA


16th April 2012

Murray-Darling Basin Authority
Level 4, 51 Allara St,
Canberra City, ACT 2601

This is an open letter to the whole committee.

Dear Sirs and Madams,
I have already lodged a number of submissions so this is an open and frank letter to you.

Throughout the whole so called consultation process I have maintained a Facebook page and written numerous letters to newspapers, politicians, farming organisations and yourselves.
I have been heartened by the absolute huge number of support I have received through this process.
To date I do not believe I and many other people have made any impact in trying to bring some common sense and practicality to the basin plan.

I believe that from the outset you have had one version of this shocking plan in mind and you have not and will not deviate from it.

How dare you push through this awful plan when there is almost total opposition to it from farmers and people in the Basin communities?
The minority federal Labor Government does not have a mandate to push through such dreadful legislation which will affect many millions of people and future generations.

Having just read the NSW Farmers submission to yourselves, I am of the opinion that it is a brilliantly put together document and something you should consider as of extreme importance.

I know the greenies have probably flooded you with pro forma letters. But how many of them live in the Murray Darling Basin? Very few I suspect.

I have said right from the outset that with vision, common sense, commitment, time and money that we can achieve satisfactory results for everyone involved in this process.

Finally, your basin plan is extremely biased in what it wants to achieve and its research.
Who wrote the computer programmes that your whiz bang computer modelling is based on?

Yours Faithfully,
Peter Gilmour

No comments:

Post a Comment